LTC Joshua Taylor
Professor of Military Science
(662) 915-7085 | firstname.lastname@example.org
LTC Joshua A. Taylor is currently the Professor of Military Science and Department Chair for the University of Mississippi Army ROTC Department.
Previous Assignment History
- Chief, Commander’s Initiative Group (June 2016-June 2017): Headquarters, Combined Arms Center, Fort Leavenworth, KS
- Exercise Control Team Chief (October 2014- June 2015): Operations Group X, Mission Command Training Program, Fort Leavenworth, KS
- Brigade Executive Officer (January 2014- August 2014): Headquarters, 3-25 Infantry Division
- Squadron Operations Officer (August 2013 – January 2014): 3-4 Cavalry, 3-25 Infantry Division
- Squadron Executive Officer (August 2012 – August 2013): 3-4 Cavalry, 3-25 Infantry Division
- Olmsted Scholar (July 2008-July 2011): Three-year program (6 mos. in Defense Language Institute– 2.5 yrs. Buenos Aires, Arg). Selective multiservice scholar’s program designed to afford scholars the opportunity to achieve fluency in a foreign language, pursue a graduate degree at an overseas university, and acquire an in-depth understanding of a foreign culture to better equip the officer to serve in positions of greater responsibility.
- Troop Commander (Nov 2006-June 2008): B/1-73 Cavalry, 2-82nd Airborne Division. Responsible for re-asserting a U.S. presence in an insurgent held Sadr City; establishing and providing command and control for the Sadr City District Joint Security Station (DJSS); providing force to maintain regional security in northern Baghdad, while working with Iraqi Army and Iraqi Police elements to create a secure and stable environment.
- Assistant Brigade Operations Officer (Training) (February-November 2006)
- Assistant Operations Officer /Observer & Controller (February-June 2005): Live Fire Division, Joint Readiness Training Center, Fort Polk, LA.
- Aide-de-Camp for the Commanding General of Ft. Polk and JRTC (April 2004-January 2005)
- Scout Platoon Leader (October 2002-April 2004): 1-509 ABN IN (OPFOR)
- Civilian Education:
- Master of Military Arts and Sciences, School of Advanced Military Studies (May 2016)
- Master of Arts, International Relations, University of Belgrano, Buenos Aires, Argentina (June 2011).
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance. University of North Alabama, Florence, Alabama (June 2001) Army ROTC Distinguished Military Graduate
- Military Schools and Education:
- Graduate of the Armor Officer Basic Course (Honor Graduate), Maneuver Captain’s Career Course, Olmsted Scholar; Command and General Staff College (Southwest Border Security Program Scholar); Red Team Member’s Course (US Army’s Critical Thinking Enterprise), Advanced Military Studies Program, Joint Firepower Control Course (Distinguished Honor Graduate), and the Jumpmaster, Cavalry Leader, Scout Platoon Leader, Ranger, Airborne, Maintenance Leader, and Basic Officer Leader courses.
- Published Work:“Integrating Armored Warfare and What That Could Mean for the IBCT” (Armor Magazine, March 2015)“Transnational Criminal Organizations: It’s Not Personal…It’s Business!” (Interagency Journal, November 2012)
U.S. SOUTHWEST BORDER SECURITY: AN OPERATIONAL APPROACH (CGSC, FLKS, December 2012)